lørdag 28. juli 2007

Hospital in Mexico (..ooouch)

27th of July

Today, I probably had the worst experience of my life. We went quadbiking, which started of quite fun, but when we came up in the mountains OC lost control of his car, and drove of the road. He fell on solid rock, and hurt both his head and back very much. I was the first person on the scene, and the next thirty minutes were terrible. OC was hurting real bad in his back, and after a couple of minutes he feinted. We tried to keep him warm with our clothes, and I was trying to talk to him for a long while. Then his heart beats stopped, he didn’t breath and his eyes went totally white. I taught that we were losing him. It was some horrible seconds, but then he started breathing a bit again. He also had a lot of cramps and were hyperventilating. Holding a friend in his hand and thinking he is dying was unbelievable. I hope none of you will ever have to experience that. When the Ambulance arrived after approximately 30 minutes and my work was done it was just too much for me. I started weeping for a while. For the next couple of hours I didn’t know how he was doing. Kaia went to talk to the doctor. When she came back with the message that OC was all right, and had been extremely lucky it was a big relief. I guess that those seconds will be the best on this trip.

From two o’clock I’ve been staying at the hospital with OC, since he’s staying here for 24 hours. He is under observation, so there are people coming in every hour and waking us up. Since OC is gotten a lot of Valium, he has been sleeping most of the time while I’ve been watching some movies on the laptop. This is a day I will remember for the rest of my life, and I most definitely could have been without it. After all, I guess this is the perfect time to get religious, OC really had a guardian angel today.

In the night at the hospital we were disturbed by nurses all the time. I’m not exaggerating when I say that it was twenty different nurses that dropped by, and none of them could talk any English. We understood what they wanted to do. They used body language, and we listened carefully to their Spanish. I’ve do understand more of what they are saying now, than what I did in the beginning. Probably because I’ve picked up some word and phrases.

Zacatecas vs. Mexico City

Mexico City was totally chaos. It was much polluted, traffic was crazy, crime rate was sky high, everybody was trying to sell you thing, and it was survival of the fittest. In Zacatecas everything is much more relaxed, and it seems like people are enjoying their lives. Even though everything goes slow, I still feel more comfortable staying here for a couple of night, instead in huge Mexico City. Everything is also a bit cheaper, and I feel that the locals don’t try to fool the tourist as in Mexico City.

2 kommentarer:

rusnes sa...

sykt, virke jo så ein ganske syge dag det då.... Ka me reiseledera og sånnt, fekk dokk bare et par firahjulinga å så va det bare å kjøra ut på viddå?

Simon sa...

D va ein syge dag ja. Reiselederne gaddkje verme å kjøra, så me jor d aleina. Me hadde jo ein mexicaner som kjørte fusst og viste vei, men han hjalp ikje akkurat så møye. Mexico e tross alt Mexico.